The James Allen Freeman House in Pasadena was originally constructed in 1913. Designed by famed architects Heineman and Heineman, the property was recognized by the Pasadena Arts Council in 1969 as one of the city’s most important Heritage Houses. With a history of noted owners who carefully maintained the house’s structural integrity, the James Allen Freeman House is presently listed in the National Register of Historic Places and has been officially named by the city as an Historic Monument.
Over the last decade the house’s present owners have gone to great lengths to restore the landmark to its original design. The owners, recognizing the property as a part of Pasadena history, open their doors multiple times per year to a variety of charitable causes. In the past, the house has hosted events by organizations such as the Pasadena Community Gardens Conservancy, the Creative Art Alliance, the San Marino League, and the local Polytechnic School.